Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Clif.  "Senior LGBT" series.  This is an on-going project that I am working on relating to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people who are over the age of 55.  Being 56 myself, I am facing the emotional hurdles of getting older.  I am meeting with other 55+ LGBT people and doing portraits and connecting with them at the same time.  Clif is a very interesting guy.  He just retired from a long career as an English professor at the university level and currently writes books, short stories and poems.  In talking to him, I discovered we had a similar upbringing:  we both started playing the violin at a very early age and studied until college.  We also both studied piano also.  This made for a very fun shoot with Clif bringing out his "fiddle" and performing for me as I shot.  Thanks, Clif.

No comments:

Post a Comment