Sunday, December 16, 2012

You know, there's moments that something catches my eye and I have to stop and see what it is that's capturing my attention.  Late this afternoon I was coming home passing the local Blue Line metrorail near where I live.  It was a drizzly afternoon and the light was almost gone, and this lone metro train was passing by this deserted area.  I saw it in a number of different ways, but first I had to rush back home to grab my camera (yes, I know that it should have been in the car already!).  Of course, that one magical moment that I'd seen had passed, the lighting was different by the time I got back.  But since I was out there in the cold and wet already, I decided just to play with the scene a little. 

Now, on a winter, late afternoon Sunday, the train doesn't run that often, so I did have time to thoroughly enjoy the chill in the air and the mist dampening everything that wasn't under my umbrella.  Before I left, I was able to get a couple shots. 

When I got home, I was looking at the image, and I got into a playful mood and decided to do this black&white-on-color image.  The holidays are putting me into a playful mood letting me enjoy my fascination with all things fantasy and magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment