Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I've been able to slowly start working on my Holga tintype series.  Right now it's an arduous process.  The unexposed tins have to be loaded into the camera in a light-sealed condition.  Since I don't have a changing bag in order to change tins inside my camera on location,  I have to load the camera at home in my darkroom, go to the location, shoot, come back home and develop the exposed tin.  Then I can load up the camera again and repeat the process.

In addition, I recently took a nasty bump to my head and received a mild concussion -- just enough for my doctor to order me not to drive until the next appointment when I will be hopefully cleared.  So this makes me subject to the kindness of strangers for transportation to sites.

Now that I am seeing how this process works, and the results I am able to achieve, I will be working more on the artistic, poetic quality of the images.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment