Monday, September 24, 2012

Portrait of a Dance - 1

One of the series I'm working on is a portrait series of senior men and women.  Since I'm getting older myself, I've been interested in the aging process, and I have fallen in love with the mature face and the stories that form them.

I met Rudy recently, and he's a very interesting man.  He has spent his life in dance and performance art, and he invited me to come to a dance studio in Santa Monica where he is choreographing and rehearsing a performance piece along with a small company of dancers.  I first went to photograph him, but I was drawn to watching the rehearsal going on, and the movement was hypnotizing.  I started to shoot the rehearsal, and I'm going to go back over the next couple months to document more of the process of bringing this piece to performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment