Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jean

I've been away from my photography for a short time -- life is happening!  But I find whenever I have my camera in hand, everything starts to fall into place.  It's what I use to focus on the here-and-now, and it helps to put perspective back into my life.

Jean is a wonderful woman I have known for almost three decades.  I live next door to her; and ever since her husband, Mel, passed away many years ago, Joe and I have watched out for her and made sure she is safe.  We've gone through so much good and bad together, we're this side of family. 

Jean's younger sister just passed away after a long illness, and on this day Jean was getting ready to go to her sister's memorial service, but she knew I've been wanting to shoot her for a long time and invited me over for a short photo session.  I could tell she was somewhat distracted, but she insisted we give it a try.  Now that we've gotten that initial shoot over with and she knows now that she doesn't have to be nervous, we're going to have many more sessions.  I want to give something to her -- and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment