Friday, November 23, 2012

Postscript - Olivia

This is little Olivia, who was born five weeks ago.  Back in August I posted a number of photos of the proud parents-to-be, Gina and Dan.  We talked about doing newborn photos of Olivia at around 10 days or so, which is the perfect age I understand for those gorgeous curled-up-sleeping-baby images.  However, due to certain complications and the new parents adjusting to their new lifestyle, I didn't get a chance to take any photos until Olivia was a month old.  She'd grown from the curled-up-sleeping-baby-makes-for-beautiful-baby-pictures to the squirming-kicking-crying-cantankerous stage.  I didn't want to wear mother or daughter out, so we just did a very short shoot.  In the middle of flailing arms, feeding, belching -- I mean burping, I did manage to catch her in a more quiet moment and got this image.  My hats are off to those professional newborn/baby/toddler photographers.  From what I've seen on YouTube, most of them are women, and they hover over Baby cooing and relaxing the baby in ways I was clueless about.

But I love new challenges and opportunities to shoot different things, and I wasn't about to say no to this wonderful opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment